Red pepper and courgette mini-quiche (Vegan Society Recipe)
Can't find what your looking for? Search all of the ActiVeg Network recipes.
- 340g (12oz) plain wholemeal flour (or Plain white)
- 170g (6oz) vegan margarine
- 2 medium onions
- 2 medium courgettes
- 2 medium red peppers
- 450g (1lb) firm tofu
- 1 level dessertspoon mixed herbs
- 11/2 dessertspoons tomato purée
- 1 level teaspoon salt
- generous pinch black pepper and ginger
- 1 x 190g pack of hard vegan cheese, grated
- enough soya milk to make a paste
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6.
- First make the pastry by rubbing the margarine into the flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add enough water to make a dough that is soft but not sticky.
- Roll out the pastry and use a cutter (about 2.75 inch) to cut the pastry into rounds.
- Place them onto bun trays.
- To make the filling chop the onions fairly fine and the courgettes and red pepper small.
- Fry the onions for a few minutes then add the courgettes and red pepper.
- Fry until they begin to soften.
- Cube the tofu.
- Add the tofu, herbs, tomato purée and condiments and fry a bit longer.
- Take off the heat and add the cheese and enough soya milk to make a paste.
- Place a heaped teaspoon into each pastry case. Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- Makes about 50 mini-quiches, which are ideal for a buffet.
This recipe was reproduced with the kind permission of.